Strathfield South High School focuses on students, encouraging all to make learning their first aim.
To support students in this the school has an extensive literacy program, an expanding technology support program and we make extensive use of teaching support personnel to support students with physical and learning disabilities.
School overview and initiatives
Since 2000 our school has introduced various initiatives to assist students.
- All students issued with homework diaries
- Weekly homework assignments for Year 7
- Regular year meetings where the importance of regular study and revision were emphasised
- Term meetings between individual Year 10, 11 and 12 students who were experiencing difficulties and the senior executive
- The employment of a teacher to assist individual students in Years 7 to 10, on a 1:3 basis, to improve their basic skills.
Find out more about what's on offer at Strathfield South High School (PDF 77KB).